I recently had to resolve this issue for a customer, and since it was quite easy to fix, I figured I’d share with all you developer and do it yourselfers.
SQLSTATE: Numeric value out of range: 1690 BIGINT UNSIGNED value is out of range in ‘(`YOURDBNAME`.`q`.`items_count` – 1)’
How to Fix:
- Go into your database using PhpMyAdmin.
- Do a backup (always a good practice to back-up first).
- Select the Magento database you’re using.
- Select table sales_flat_quote (on second page).
- Select structure tab
- Select ‘change‘ on row called ‘items_count‘
- Go to the drop-down on the column named ‘Attributes‘ and change value to the very top value which is blank ‘(no value)‘, as opposed to the default selection ‘UNSIGNED‘ .
- Click save, and you’re good to go!
You should now be able to delete your products with no more error. This would have costed you at least $200 dollars, my complements to you all for free.